It makes a lot of sense to plant trees on the grounds of your home. Trees have aesthetic qualities that really add to the curb appeal of your home. They also can protect your home from the wind in the winter and the sun in the summer. However, if the roots manage to find their way into your sewer line, this situation is inconvenient. It is not a situation that you can procrastinate on addressing. However, many do not know what to look for until it becomes a major problem.
Signs That You Need A Sewer Line Inspection Lehigh Valley
- Signs That You Need A Sewer Line Inspection Lehigh Valley
- Your Toilets Flush Poorly
- Unpleasant Drain & Toilet Odors
- Slow Drains & Root Growth
- Be Aware Of Unusual Tree Growth
- Lush Patches Of Grass & Sewer Line Issues
- Sinkholes In Your Compound
- How To Solve The Problem Of Tree Roots In Your Sewer Line
Below are some signs that you have tree roots in your sewer.
Your Toilets Flush Poorly
If your toilets flush partially or you notice some sewage backing up into the toilet, you should be worried. Contact an experienced plumber, and they will solve the problem immediately.
Unpleasant Drain & Toilet Odors
If you notice unpleasant odors coming from your drains and toilet, the likely explanation is that the sewage is just sitting in your pipes instead of draining properly. Now, it is possible that a buildup of soap and grime can block your pipes. That is why you should not rush into any conclusions. If you suspect you have tree roots in your sewer line, the smart move is to get in touch with a competent and experienced plumber immediately.
Slow Drains & Root Growth
If all or most of the drains in your home drain slowly, the most likely culprit is root growth. Root growth may be responsible even if only one or two drains are involved. The difference, in this case, is that the root growth affects the individual drains in question and not the whole system.
Be Aware Of Unusual Tree Growth
You can spot a potential root problem and nip it in the bud if you are very observant. Just examine your landscaping carefully to start. If you notice that a particular tree is thriving, it is likely that the roots of the tree in question are enjoying all the water and nutrients found in your main sewer line.
Lush Patches Of Grass & Sewer Line Issues
Other signs that you have roots in your sewer line include lush patches of grass and extraordinary bush growth. You water your plants and flowers, so you expect them to grow at the same rate, more or less. Now, if you notice that a particular area seems to have lush patches of grass, it might be an indication that the plants in question are getting nutrients directly from your sewer line. The same thing applies if you notice incredible bush growth in an area where the bush is not supposed to be thriving.
Sinkholes In Your Compound
If you notice that your feet sink in certain places in your yard, you might have a plumbing emergency. When roots damage pipes, this creates leaks. These leaks can spread water in your yard. The result is soft soil in many parts of the yard, and this is a sure sign that you have root-damaged pipes.
How To Solve The Problem Of Tree Roots In Your Sewer Line
It is clear that you have tree roots in your sewer line. The only thing to do is to get an expert to solve the problem for you. Below are some steps your plumber should take to give you a permanent solution.
- Effective Diagnosis: Schedule a sewer line inspection. Your plumber should confirm the presence of roots in your sewer line by sending a camera down the main sewer line. This way, the expert knows the exact location of where the offending roots are.
- Hydro Jetting: This is an eco-friendly solution because your plumber uses only water to get rid of the roots. High-pressure water grinds up the tree roots, and the problem is solved.
- Pipe Replacement: If your pipes have been crushed or damaged by the roots, the only option here is pipe replacement. In this case, the plumber digs up a section of the damaged pipes and replaces them completely. This way, the wastewater will start flowing again, and your sewer will be in first-class shape again.
For reliable plumbing services, contact Robinson Plumbing, one of the Lehigh Valley’s most trusted plumbing companies.
Our plumbing services range from sewer line inspections and repairs, water leak repairs, clogged drains, to the installation of water-efficient plumbing fixtures. For any plumbing repairs, we always offer a wide range of solutions whenever possible. This way, you can choose the option that works best for your budget and family.
We are proud to offer the best and most affordable plumbing services in the area. All of our plumbers have the proper licenses and experience to ensure your satisfaction. All of our work is guaranteed. Call Robinson Plumbing today to schedule a free estimate.
Some of the areas we service include Allentown, Catasauqua, Coplay, Laurys Station, and these zip codes: 18101, 18032, 18037, 18059 as well as all surrounding areas in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.