Have Some Fun with These Local Events in Easton
It is true that living in Easton is such a pleasure. Some people would think the city is small, hence, lacking the excitement the usual busy crowded city and the view of skyscrapers. However, those who have been living in this wonderful community can rightfully attest how interesting and fun it is to be in Easton, especially with annual local events bringing everyone closer and even luring in tourists and visitors.
In this post, we’ve gathered some of the most anticipated local events and most of them are free and do not require any spending.
- Lafayette College is located in Easton, Pennsylvania and they offer many events. Here is a video clip from Night of Summer Stars:
- In this community, there’s what they call as “mixers.” They’re actually a gathering (informal) of people, the purpose of which is to get to know more and be acquainted in a rather friendly environment. There will be a host location where the hosts will be responsible for serving snacks and refreshments.
- If you want to enjoy the local music scene, you can attend Live in the Square. This is free summer concert held during the last Fridays of the months of May to September in Centre Square. Here is a clip of a performer from one of these free concerts:
- There will also be Friday Dances in the city. For a small fee, everyone can join dance lessons starting from 7 pm to 8 pm, which then will be followed by general dancing up to 10 pm. There will be free light refreshments.
- Another anticipated annual local event is the Chocolate Lovers Soiree. As the term suggests, it’s an event filled with different delights courtesy of the many local chocolate makers.
- Still about food, the Pearly Bakers Chili Cook off happens every February at the Pearly Bakers Alehouse. It is also an annual local event wherein local restaurant chefs will be competing for the best chili dish.
- Started in 1995, the Annual Bistro meanwhile is a popular fundraising event in Easton. It is a carried by Third Straight Alliance for their non-profit programs and various services for the city’s women and children. The highlights of this event are silent auction, raffle, music, and of course, food.
- For many residents of Easton, the Easton Mayor’s Update Breakfast is another local event considered as a “must-see.” The breakfast will be highlighted by the Mayor’s presentation of developments in Easton as well as the plans for the near future. It is usually attended by businessmen and entrepreneurs in Easton.
- For the more adventurous type, the Shad Fishing Tournament and Festival from April to May is a great stop. It will be held at Scott Park and usually ends with the DooDah Parade.
- A more family-oriented event called the Family YMCA Healthy Kids Day is celebrated every month of April. It is held at the YMCa and is completely free of charge. The main objective of this local event is to promote healthy and active lifestyles for kids and the entire family. The event is centered on showing kids how to be physically active and healthy.
But the highlight event in all of Easton, Pennsylvania is still the Easton Farmer’s Market. Known as the oldest continuous open air market in America, it holds events throughout the year, including the Grand Opening in the first Saturday of May, Kids Farm Day, Zucchini 500, Sweet Corn Festival, Apple Fest, Strawberry Fest, and many more.